My infant boy has picked up an ugly cough. How can I treat it? He's 23w (19 corrected) 2nd vaccines done 2 days ago. No fever or vomitting

Dr. Carla L. King

In brief: Treatment varies

There are no cold and cough treatments for infants.
All of the over the counter medications have no effect and can be harmful to your baby. First have your baby examined at his Doctor to make sure that he does not have any signs of infection. If symptoms are viral then normal saline for the nose and humidified air can be helpful. If you are breastfeeding that is the best medicine.

In brief: Treatment varies

Dr. Carla L. King
Dr. Carla L. King
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics - Pulmonology

In brief: Mgt

He can most likely still receive his vaccinations.
At the appointment, your PCP can listen to his lungs. He may have a viral illness. Was there any choking episode in the past?

In brief: Mgt

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Cindy Juster