I snore very loudly and it is disrupting to my roommate. I am overweight so that may be the problem, but I need some instant solutions to stop snore?

In brief: Lose weight today

If one's oxygen level drops during sleeping, that means the brain and the rest of the body is NOT getting enough oxygen during those episodes while sleeping.
It causes health problems such as brain problems, blood pressure problems, and heart problems. If the sleep doctors, ear-nose-throat doctors, or lung doctors decide that a CPAP machine is needed, the improvement could be "instant" relief.

In brief: Lose weight today

Dr. Peter Kurzweil