Can levofloxacin cause muscle atrophy?

Atrohy not described. Levofloxacin can cause tendon rupture,especially Achilis tendon mostly in elderly.Tendinitis can be caused by this. Muscle atrophy has not been described. Should not be used routinely in younger than 18 or above 70.Caution must be exercised if QT prolongation in ECG. Headache,insomnia,pain,dizziness &fatigue are some of the side effects.
Yes, and MUCH more. Levofloxacin and related drugs have been reported to cause muscle atrophy among many other serious side effects. A high percentage report muscle pain, weakness, tendonitis and tendon rupture but it can also cause even more serious longstanding problems. I believe these drugs should only be used as a last resort due to their hazards. See http://tinyurl.com/mzt7798 and http://www.survivingcipro.com.