I take 75mcg of levothyroxine daily for hypothyroidism (Hashimoto's) and a goitre. What would happen if I stopped taking my medication?

Dr. Jesse Krakauer
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Nothing good

B"sd Most likely you would become hypothyroid, which often causes symptoms including fatigue, cognitive decline (especially for math) and signs ranging from mild - dry skin, constipation - to life threatening - myxedema coma.
Goitre is also likely to grow larger and could even cause compressive symptoms such as difficulty swallowing and breathing and hoarseness. Glad to discuss in more detail.

In brief: Nothing good

Dr. Jesse Krakauer
Dr. Jesse Krakauer
Dr. Keegan Duchicela