My pre molar feels tender after having a chewy sweet. I have had root canal on this tooth few years ago if that helps. Slightly hurts when biting down?

Pain. Pain is your body's way of telling you there is something wrong. May have failed root canal treatment. If tooth needs retreat net, best done by a root canal specialist, an Endodontist.
See DDS. Have the dentist evaluate the area to make sure that the crown, if your have a crown, is not loosened or that the tooth is not fractured.
Needs evaluation. Tooth may have a fracture, a recurrent infection, or even periodontal bone loss. Please call your dentist for an appointment.