How can I prevent lukemia?

Dr. Devon Webster
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Avoid chemicals

I wish we could prevent leukemia.
We can't. But there are some chemical exposures that increase your risk of developing leukemia. These include benzene, paint thinners, laquers, varnishes, glues, paint strippers, and solvents. Wear gloves when working with any chemicals and work in well-ventilated areas. Eat well, exercise, and live each day to the fullest...And hope for the best!

In brief: Avoid chemicals

I wish we could prevent leukemia.
Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. Raymundo Romero
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: You can't

Leukemia occurs sporadically and is not a common cancer.
There are risk factors for example: exposure to radiation, some chemotherapy drugs and genetic conditions. The best thing you can do is live a healthy lifestyle.

In brief: You can't

Dr. Raymundo Romero
Dr. Raymundo Romero
Dr. Keith Stockerl-Goldstein
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Nothing you can do

We do not know a way to prevent leukemia.

In brief: Nothing you can do

Dr. Keith Stockerl-Goldstein
Dr. Keith Stockerl-Goldstein