How can I prevent lukemia?

Dr. Devon Webster
Internal Medicine - Oncology
In brief: Avoid chemicals
I wish we could prevent leukemia.
We can't. But there are some chemical exposures that increase your risk of developing leukemia. These include benzene, paint thinners, laquers, varnishes, glues, paint strippers, and solvents. Wear gloves when working with any chemicals and work in well-ventilated areas. Eat well, exercise, and live each day to the fullest...And hope for the best!

In brief: Avoid chemicals
I wish we could prevent leukemia.
Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. Raymundo Romero
Internal Medicine - Oncology
In brief: You can't
Leukemia occurs sporadically and is not a common cancer.
There are risk factors for example: exposure to radiation, some chemotherapy drugs and genetic conditions. The best thing you can do is live a healthy lifestyle.

In brief: You can't
Dr. Raymundo Romero
Dr. Raymundo Romero
Dr. Keith Stockerl-Goldstein
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology
In brief: Nothing you can do
We do not know a way to prevent leukemia.

In brief: Nothing you can do
Dr. Keith Stockerl-Goldstein
Dr. Keith Stockerl-Goldstein