I am vegetarian and im always tired but im not anaemic, I get a good nights slee. What could be another reason for this?

Nicole Bressler
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Vitamins

You may be tired if you are not getting the recommended amounts of vitamins.
Vegetarians need to make sure they are getting b vitamins, which are commonly found in meats (& some vegetables). Make sure to eat a variety of foods to be the essential nutrients and vitamins you need. There are other medical reasons people feel tired - talk with your doctor to evaluate.

In brief: Vitamins

Nicole Bressler
Nicole Bressler
Answer assisted by Nicole Bressler, Medical Student
Dr. Shalin Shah
I agree with Dr. DeGraw. You may also not be getting enough calories. Try keeping a food log for a week. If no other medical reasons are found, eating more healthy calories may do the trick. Also try incorporating healthy fats into your diet to help absorption of certain vitamins (A, D,E,K). This includes nuts, small amounts of coconut oil, flax seeds etc.
Dr. Maritza Baez

In brief: Anything

You can have sleep problems from snoring, apnea, restless legs, poor sleep hygeine, anxiety/depression, anemia, thyroid problems, napping during the day, night seizures, noises in the neighborhood waking you up, bed bugs, waking up to use the bathroom, acid reflux, allergies, or any number of things.
I recommend seeing a doctor to get checked out.

In brief: Anything

Dr. Maritza Baez
Dr. Maritza Baez
Dr. Peter Kurzweil