I have multiple drug allergies so am always nervous to try meds. Is Diflucan (fluconazole) generally safe? I use Monistat w/no probs, but not working this time.

Dr. Al Hegab
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Allergies or..

Side effects rather, often confused as allergies, true multiple drug allergy syndrome is rare.
Diflucan, (fluconazole) is a prescription drug, at any rate, if in doubt and don't know whether you're are going to have a reaction to a certain drug, take the first dose in the prescriber's office, ER or urgent care waiting area,stay for an hour,if nothing happens, go home,if severe reaction,you're where you should be

In brief: Allergies or..

Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham