I suffered a neck injury and was prescribed 5-500 mg vicodin & took it 7 hrs ago. Is it safe to take 1 mg lorazepam for my anxiety (also prescribed)?

Dr. Andrew Shiller
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

The combination of vicodin (narcotic pain med) and lorazepam (sedative hypnotic) will have additive effects of sedation and sleepiness.
But if you're tolerating one of them, the other will probably be ok. Just be cautious about driving or other activities that require judgement. Vicodin typically lasts 3-5 hours, so it's mostly out of your system anyhow.

Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine