I switched from custom orthotics to powerstep today due to continued arch pain Dr says strained plantar fasia but now my knee & ankle are killing me?

Dr. Alex Garcia
Podiatry

In brief: Break-in period

When switching or when using orthotics for the first time the body needs an adjustment period.
Ideally you will use the new orthotics for one hour the first day, 2 hours the 2nd day and you should increase the length of time using the orthotics by an hour each day. Your body should be use to the new orthotics in about a week. That said, why switch from custom molded to over the counter?

In brief: Break-in period

Dr. Alex Garcia
Dr. Alex Garcia
Dr. Vicken Poochikian