My back tooth feels "itchy"?? I feel the need to grind them. Possibilities??

Dr. Jerry Brown
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: Itchy Tooth!

Good day; I would preform meticulous home care in that area.
Use a mouth wash as well-- may be appropriate time time to consider a visit to dentist.

In brief: Itchy Tooth!

Dr. Jerry Brown
Dr. Jerry Brown
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Clenching - Bruxism

Forcefully pressing your teeth together can irritate the tooth which could contribute to an itchy feeling.
Try keeping your teeth apart during the day and see your dentist for night guard fabrication.

In brief: Clenching - Bruxism

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Itchy tooth?

I could give you dozens of reasons why.
Why guess? See your dentist for a clinical and radiographic evaluation and to find out for sure. Long term grinding of teeth in itself, even in the absence of of other dental problems can be detrimental to your teeth and supporting structures. There are often simple effective methods to treat or prevent this.

In brief: Itchy tooth?

I could give you dozens of reasons why.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Steven Seres