How can I treat my 5 months baby from constipation? She just started solid foods.

Dr. Janesta Noland
In brief: Diet change/water
Constipation is common with the introduction of solids but typically resolves.
In the meantime, increase water intake. Avoid constipating foods like bananas and rice and give foods which are higher in fiber. Fruits that start with the letter p can help you poop (pears, prunes, peaches, etc.).

In brief: Diet change/water
Dr. Janesta Noland
Dr. Janesta Noland
Dr. Allyson Pizzo-Berkey
Remember, your baby should have a stool AT LEAST every 5-7 days and preferably more often. A few little hard rock balls is not a good stool. I have found that changing what you mix the cereal with is a great trick; if you use breastmilk, mix with juice or water; if you use a formula, check with doctor on trying a different formula and then also mix with juice or water. :)
In brief: Define & use natural
If your baby is having firm stools that are hard to pass, i accept the label.
If breast fed, stooling less often& skipping days i would leave it alone if still soft.I've had success with undiluted prune or apple juice, 1oz once or twice daily.Water may also help . The aap doesn't advocate many foods before 6mo & i encourage moms to wait until they sit..Avoid apple sauce/bananas/cereal for sure if hard.

In brief: Define & use natural
Dr. David Ziring
Pediatrics - Gastroenterology
In brief: Try
Pureed plums (prunes) as they will help constipation due to their excess content of fructose and sorbitol.

In brief: Try
Dr. David Ziring
Dr. David Ziring
Dr. Cindy Juster