I am having bunion surgery shortly & wanting to know if I will be at risk from the general anesthetic as I take dihydrocodeine 30mg 3 times a day?

Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry

In brief: Post-OP Pain.

As stated earlier, there should be no increase of risk with general anesthesia.
The issue that I have experienced is that controlling the post-operative pain may need a little more attention. Your pain threshold after the surgery may be a bit lower and require closer attention to the prescribed pain relievers.

In brief: Post-OP Pain.

In brief: You have to tell

medications you are taking to the doctors especially to anesthesiologist .
General anesthesia has some risk no matter what procedure you are undergoing . Regional anesthesia little safer , discuss with your doctor and available options . In general your procedure is classified as low risk procedure . Good Luck and happy feet ( toes ! )

In brief: You have to tell

Pathology

In brief: Tell doctor

Please tell both your surgeon and your anesthesiologist about all the medications you are taking, including over the counter medications and herbals.
The medication you mentioned does not increase your risk of anesthesia.

In brief: Tell doctor

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: Discuss with your

surgeon and anesthesiologist.
Also, the bunion surgery can be done under local anesthesia with IV sedation if need be.

In brief: Discuss with your

surgeon and anesthesiologist.
Dr. Eric Weisman