I have pelvic inflamatory disease but my bf and I both developed a chancre like sore on out genitals what could this be?

Herpes? "Chancre" implies syphilis, but that's currently rare in h heterosexuals in the US, where most syphilis is occuring in gay men. The most common cause of genital ulcers ("chancre like sore") is genital herpes. You both should be examined and tested ASAP; both herpes diagnosis and treatment are much more accurate the sooner they are done. It might be something else, but better safe than sorry.