Is it bad to be on propranolol if I have food allergies? I've read that I can't have epinephrine or epipen if I have anaphylactic reaction??

Dr. Andrew Hirsch
Pediatrics - Allergy & Asthma

In brief: Can use but risks

Non-Selective B Blockers such as propanolol can blunt the good effects of epinephrine so that more epinephrine may be needed to achieve a good response.
The propanolol can make use of EpiPen more prone to increase your blood pressure. . If you take propanolol for migraine or thyroid, you will likely be ok with EpiPen, but may need more. If it is for cardiac issues, you should be more careful.

In brief: Can use but risks

Dr. Andrew Hirsch
Dr. Andrew Hirsch
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine