My knee hurts to pedal a stationary bike. I can't go forward I can only go backwards. I do have a medial meniscus tear? Help

Dr. Steven Simon
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: See ortho doc

You answered your own question with the diagnosed menus all tear. This can be helped with arthroscopic surgery.
Your bicycle is loading the joint, creating pressure on the tear and causing pain. Topical prescription and oral NSAIDS will reduce the inflammation. Using a reclining bike that shifts your weight will allow you to pedal a lot further with outs generating this pain.

In brief: See ortho doc

Dr. Steven Simon
Dr. Steven Simon
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine