What is pink eye virual infection?

Virus Infection. Conjunctivitis, irritation of the eye, has many causes and one of them is viral. When your eye is irritated it will turn pink however, this does not necessarily mean that you have "pink eye." "pink eye" refers to a viral infection of the conjunctiva and it will clear up on its own; however, if it worsens or lasts too long it may be bacterial requiring antibiotic treatment. See your pcp.
Virus. "pink eye" just usually means inflammation of the white covering of the eye. This is most likely caused by a virus which does not require medications, but if you wear contacts or if it doesn't resolve you should see your ophthalmologist.