Is it recommended to take HSV igm and igg 7 mths after exposure to genital herpes? Have had cold sores before. Will test be useful at all??

Herpes. If you had cold sores, then the IGM test is useless. The IGG test is what you need to do to confirm it. HSV 2, genital herpes will only be positive if there is initial or acute infection (questionable with repeat) but otherwise if you're chronically infection, the IGG test is to be used. No need to do IGM 7 months later. The IGG test is to be done to confirm the presence of it.