I have a scar on my ear from a surgery to remove a keloid, it is soft but growing. It also has some red and pick coloring. Should it be examined?

Dr. Gustavo Diaz
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: Keloid

After surgery a keloid can re-occur. I suggest an evaluation to see if kenalog (triamcinolone) injections are needed to decrease the possibility of it starting all over again.
Also you need to make sure that there is nothing else going on like an infection. Hope this helps.

In brief: Keloid

Dr. Dennis Ruditser

In brief: Keloid

Keloid can recur even after a surgery to remove them. My advice would be to keep watching it unless you notice that it is looking more inflamed, painful, bleeding or oozing cloudy fluid (pus).
This can mean it may be infected at which point you should definitely have it looked at by your doctor. Make sure not to touch or pick at it.

In brief: Keloid

Dr. Darryl Blinski
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Recur Keloid?

Yes see the surgeon whom did the original removal.
Possible reoccurrence of the Keloid. I might recommend SRT radiation therapy.

In brief: Recur Keloid?

Dr. Bret Boyle
Board Certified, Wound care