If a person has lung cancer and lymph nodes, can it be cured by radiation and chemo?

Rarely. Lung cancer is a very bad actor. When metastasis to local, intra lung nodes is present, there are occasional surgical cures. If beyond to regional nodes, some surgical, and adjuvant therapy cures occur. Unusual to have cure with only chemo radiation in my experience.
Generally no. Surgical treatment is generally the only cure for lung cancer. Surgical treatment means that it was small enough or even if in lymph nodes they are all in the same area. If treating with chemo/radiation, stage is at least a 2b and no cure should be expected but treatment can give over 5 yr survival. Also I have seen people cured even without surgery so a lot depends on the type of cancer/person.