I have had hives now for over a week, with little relief. I've already made one trip to he ER and just received IV meds... I don't know what to do now?

Dr. Joel Selter
Pediatrics - Allergy & Asthma
In brief: Nasty hives
I think it is time to call your friendly allergist!

In brief: Nasty hives
Dr. Joel Selter
Dr. Joel Selter
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Selter is absolutely right!!! Allergists are the best detectives at finding the cause and especially at treating hives.
Dr. Andrew Murphy
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: See your Doc
Hives can be very annoying and distressing to deal with.
For hives that persist or are particularly troublesome one should consider see a physician who is interested in this problem -- typically an allergist. One should expect a thorough history and examination to be done. Depending upon the history obtained you may or may not be skin tested or have blood work done.

In brief: See your Doc
Dr. Andrew Murphy
Dr. Andrew Murphy
Dr. Anlin Xu
In brief: Allergist
Patients who develop acute hives often have some kind of allergy.
They should find a local allergist soon and try to find out what is causing the hive.

In brief: Allergist
Dr. Anlin Xu
Dr. Anlin Xu