Direct composite bonding vs indirect composite bonding? Is indirect composite bonding more like a veneer placed over the tooth?

Dr. Matthew Hyde
Dentistry

In brief: Not really

Most laboratory made veneers are made of porcelain like substances not composites.
They are usually stronger than compsite and resist staining more. I use direct composites mostly for smaller cases or when the patien is not sure of what thry are trying to achieve cosmetically because they are easier to adjust shade and shape after. We can always do porcelain in future if and when needed.

In brief: Not really

Dr. Adam Smith