My right shoulder is lower than the left shoulder, also my left knee gets painful when I lift gym weights, are they inter-relatrd? Thx a lot doctors.

Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Sports Medicine

In brief: Probably unrelated

I would think that the shoulder height discrepancy might be related to either a scoliosis or muscular problem affecting the upper back region.
The knee pain with exercise is probably related to a specific knee problem and should be evaluated by an orthopedist along with a discussion of the type of exercise which causes problems.

In brief: Probably unrelated

Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Dr. Kenneth Cheng

In brief: Possibly related

Shoulder height discrepancy and knee pain could be related.
This could be due to leg length inequality, scoliosis (curvature of the spine), muscular atrophy, or other issues. See your family doctor to find the cause.

In brief: Possibly related

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine