I'm on birth control but want to start a herbal detox. Will emmenagogue herbs such as nettle and peppermint affect my birth control? Thank you 

Pathology

In brief: Detox is a fraud

Herbal or any other detox is not going to do you any good, other than lighten your wallet.
Depending on the herbs you take, it could interfere with your birth control. You do not need detox, no body does. For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, low fat milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex. Get HPV vaccine.

In brief: Detox is a fraud

Dr. Jane Van Dis