Peppermint Altoids candy helps calm me when I have an anxiety attack but I fear it's messing up my stomach. What can I chew on in place of peppermint?

Dr. Fred Gallo
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Interesting!

If it's the peppermint flavor that helps, consider natural peppermint and peppermint tea.
Usually peppermint calms the stomach. Also consider seeing a therapist about your anxiety. There are many simple techniques that help reduce anxiety: various breathing exercises, meditation, energy tapping, physical exercise, etc.

In brief: Interesting!

Dr. Fred Gallo
Dr. Fred Gallo
Dr. Dean Giannone

In brief: Truthfully...

A peppermint Altoids is certainly safer that anything we could prescribe you for anxiety or panic, so if it works, I'd go with it.
Granted, if you're taking many of them every day, we may want to control that anxiety with some counseling.

In brief: Truthfully...

Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine