I had childhood asthma that never bothered me until now (age 31). Constantly needing my inhaler, esp during exercise. any advice on how to combat this?

In brief: Time for visit

True asthma is never gone, just hanging around for a chance to re-appear. If you are having regular need for a rescue inhaler, you need to see your doc and get on a daily inhaled steroid or other plan to reduce the frequency of your symptoms.
Your body can become resistant to the inhaler,requiring increasing use with poor result. You may end up in the ER or worse unless you get a plan.

In brief: Time for visit

Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: See allergist

This is not as uncommon as you think, Your best bet is to consult an allergist to find out what are the allergens (and methods to minimize exposure), what kinds of controller drug works best for you, and possibly even allergy shots.

In brief: See allergist

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine