I am 41 years old. Should I worry that my blood pressure has settled around 165 over 104?

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge

In brief: Control your BP

Yes, a consistent blood pressure of 165 over 104 is a serious problem. Elevation of that degree is associated with a substantial increased risk of stroke, heart attack, and other vascular problems.
These complications develop over time, so the longer the blood pressure is elevated, the greater the chance of a problem. See your doctor for evaluation of the cause of elevation, and for treatment.

In brief: Control your BP

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Howard Rubin
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Hypertension

You have moderately severe hypertension with increasing risk of stroke, heart failure, and kidney failure.
You need to have more aggressive treatment so discuss with your doctor.

In brief: Hypertension

Dr. Howard Rubin
Dr. Howard Rubin
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology