22 Female w/unintentional weight loss the last few months, loss of appetite, GFR of 84, GERD for 3 years, and irregular bowel movements. Ideas? Thanks

Dr. Julie Abbott
Preventive Medicine

In brief: Challenging in 400

characters! My first question, why do you know your GFR? estimated GFR from serum creatinine? It is actually not too uncommon for people to have reflux and irritable bowel at the same time.
.both dysfunctions of the GI system.Would be uncommon for symptoms of GERD to be so severe as to cause anorexia and weight loss. Then, why low GFR? This can only be sorted out by detailed eval in person by Doc!

In brief: Challenging in 400

Dr. Jane Van Dis