I Tested positive for gonorrhea but my husband was negative. I looked in his military records and no signs of him going behind my back. I'm confused?

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: A few possibilities

The usual explanation in situations like this is that the male has had other partners.
He may have been treated and didn't tell you; or his infection cleared up on its own, which can happen over a few weeks. If you were infected from someone else, your husband may just be lucky so far. Test results can be false, but rarely. You both need treatment, regardless of his test result. Good luck!

In brief: A few possibilities

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. Betsy Greenleaf
Gynecology

In brief: Talk with partner

Occasionally there can be an error in testing ( false positive).
You can have the test repeated before getting treatment but don't have sex until confirmed and treated. If it is still + then you need to speak with your partner and you partner should get tested. http://www.cdc.gov/std/Gonorrhea/STDFact-gonorrhea.htm

In brief: Talk with partner

Dr. Betsy Greenleaf
Dr. Betsy Greenleaf
Dr. Jane Van Dis