I have a short breath problem whenever I suffer from cold.I don't have any other allergies or respiratory problems. It gives wheezing sound.

Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Infection induced

Some people with asthma only get in trouble when they have an upper respiratory tract infection.
However I suspect that you may well have mild persistent asthma as well. I would recommend getting a lung function test at a time you feel you are otherwise healthy to find out if you do have asthma even when you think you are healthy.

In brief: Infection induced

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. Theresa Henderson
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: Asthma

Unknown asthma can be triggered by a cold but you do not have to have asthma to have wheezing, during a cold.
Outside of treating your cold you need to have an inhaler that is called a bronchodilator. The next time this happens to you, you should see a physician to get a prescription for a bronchodilator. You should also find out if you have true asthma.

In brief: Asthma

Dr. Theresa Henderson
Dr. Theresa Henderson
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine