What's the best OTC remedy for post nasal drip and cough? I tried Mucinex (guaifenesin) DM and it did very little to help my coughing and throat "tickle" sensation.

Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Depends

If the cough is from post-nasal drips, it may respond to OTC nasal steroid (takes a few days).
It is from sinusitis, you may need a Rx antibiotic. If from asthma, you will need a Rx controller drug for asthma. Each condition requires difficult treatment and thus a diagnosis is needed.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Norma jo Waxman

In brief: Try generic Claritin (loratadine)

A nonsedating antihistamine like Claritin, (loratadine) Zyrtec or Allegra may do the trick.
They are over-the-counter and the generic is just fine

Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology