How accurate is a EKG, blood, and a stress test to rule out heart issues or angina? I'm 26, overweight, healthy but worry my gerd chest pains is my heart. My troponin I levels were < 0.02. My bp is sometimes elevated and heartrate goes down to 53bpm.

Dr. Shamail Tariq
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Highly accurate

The combination of those 3 being negative, in your age category are reassuring and make the chance of a fatal cardiac condition being under 10% and likely less than that.
A lower heartrate is not a bad thing. I would recommend weight loss and increased diet and exercise.

In brief: Highly accurate

Pathology

In brief: Manage your GERD

One trick may be elevating the head of your bed on cinder blocks.
General physical conditioning can help also. This is not heart pain. If you are offered meds for GERD, please use them faithfully.

In brief: Manage your GERD

Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine