I had my root canal treatment 10 days ago the whole temp packing fell out. I am in slot of pain now. What's caused the pain?

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Inform your dentist

If you feel pain and/or discomfort after root canal treatment then you should not hesitate to inform your dentist.

In brief: Inform your dentist

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin

In brief: A few thoughts..

You might have an infection, you might have a fracture, you might even just have some inflammation.
Please call the dentist who is treating you.

In brief: A few thoughts..

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. John Thaler
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: Reinfection,see DDS

If you have lost the seal and the treatment was not completed at last visit, then you have reinfected the root canal space.
Bacteria,food,etc have gotten into the tooth.If it was completed at last visit, you still have recontaminated it with bacteria,but there should not be severe pain with this.You might have actually fractured/split the tooth at/below the gumline which would cause severe pain.

In brief: Reinfection,see DDS

Dr. John Thaler
Dr. John Thaler
Dr. Marsha Davis