I am 3 days late and took a pregnancy test , negative. I have been feeling very bloated without cramps but still no period. Could I be pregnant?

Dr. Peter Baumann

In brief: Pregnancy test

Urine pregnancy tests these days are very accurate, when correctly performed.
They also turn positive around the time of the anticipated menstrual period. A negative pregnancy test at this time indicated the absence of a pregnancy.

In brief: Pregnancy test

Dr. Peter Baumann
Dr. Peter Baumann
Pathology

In brief: Could be

If you had unprotected sex after your last period, you could be pregnant.
You could get a blood test for HCG which would settle the issue now. Or you may repeat the pregnancy test in 5-7 days, unless you get a period by then. Use first morning urine and follow the instructions for the test carefully. If you do not wish to be pregnant, use contraception all the time, every time. You may consider implanted contraceptive, or IUD. Practice safe sex.

In brief: Could be

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham