Would you recommend the shingles vaccine for a 65 year old patient taking 7.5mg methotrexate once weekly for rheumatoid arthritis?

Zoster+ MTX. Hello~ ZOSTAVAX +65yo + MTX ?? ANSWER: YES ABSOLUTELY DEFINITELY YESTERDAY ! THANKS.
Yes. Adults over age 60 should receive the zoster vaccine (Zostavax). Patients with rheumatoid arthritis can receive the vaccine if their disease is under control.Methotrexate therapy of <0.4mg/kg/week is not considered sufficiently immunosuppressive to be a contraindication. What is your weight? Ask your MD for more info and to rule out other contraindications.