I have acid reflux w/damage to esophagus. Doc put me on Nexium (esomeprazole) 40, 6 wks. It's day 10 and my throat burns all the time. Worst than b4. Should I stop?

Dr. Kashif Abdullah

In brief: No don't

I would advise you speak to the doctor who prescribed the nexium (esomeprazole) and tell him/her about it.
But I would not recommend you stop the nexium (esomeprazole). But you can also help this by sleeping on an incline (use pillows) . Don't eat large fatty dinner's. Try to not eat 3 hours before bed time. Avoiding alcohol, chocolate, citrus juice, and tomato-based products, peppermint, coffee, and onion family

In brief: No don't

Dr. Kashif Abdullah
Dr. Kashif Abdullah
Dr. Kashif Abdullah
Your Welcome :)
Dr. Peter Kurzweil