For 3 days I've had a barking cough, a slight fever, body aches, runny nose and im weak and shakey. What could it be and should I see a doctor?

Dr. Cynthia Point

You could have whooping cough, which is a bacterial infection that may appear to be a severe cold.
If you do have it, you are contagious, and antibiotics will help you get better faster, and prevent you giving it to others. Most respiratory infections are viral, and antibiotics do not help. If you have had a vaccination called tdap, it is unlikely you have whooping cough, as the vaccine protects.

Dr. Cynthia Point
Dr. Cynthia Point
Dr. Christian Maluf
Internal Medicine - Pulmonology

In brief: Croup

You may have laryngotracheitis and yes, you should see a doctor, you nay need antibiotics.

In brief: Croup

Dr. Christian Maluf
Dr. Christian Maluf
Dr. Vicken Poochikian