If a person with a cold sore kissed me on the cheek, what are the chances I could contract herpes simplex virus 1? I washed it off 5-10 minutes after.

Pathology

In brief: HSV 1 is prevalent

More than 3/4 of people have HSV 1.
It is quite likely that you have the virus already. If you have had a cold sore, ever, you have HSV 1. Even if you get it, it is not a big deal for an otherwise healthy person. For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, low fat milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex.

In brief: HSV 1 is prevalent

More than 3/4 of people have HSV 1.
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham