Do I have to be seen by a doctor to get rid of acne? My skin is sensitive and I can't use the scrub face wash. I didn't have acne as a teenager.

Dr. Jerome Litt
Dermatology
In brief: ADULT ACNE
I don't know how old you are or if you are a male or female.
Women often develop acne before their periods. Various medications can also cause acne. Are you taking any? Cut out nuts completely. Cut down on chocolate, dairy products and sugary things. If nothing that you are doing seems to help, you should see a dermatologist.

In brief: ADULT ACNE
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology
In brief: See a dermatologist
You are a common event for a 34 year-old woman.
Food is not the cause! this is hormonal. Some birth control pills make it worse, some make it better. Iud with hormone makes it worse. Implants of hormones make it worse. Spironolone is a pill which is easy to take with or without a bc pill. After 3 menst cycles you will improve & then continue to keep control. 90 tabs of 100mg costs $16.

In brief: See a dermatologist
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dr. Shontae Buffington