Had a cold since sat... Fevers body aches nausea, I took sudifed, it stopped Tuesday... Im still cough with yellow mucus I take mucinex (guaifenesin) do I need abt?

Dr. Sewa Legha
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Avoid Antibiotics

Most colds last 7-10 days and settle down on their own.
Occasionally there is added abcterial infection(Cold being caused by a virus). In case of bacterial infection you will expereince Fever and often chest pain or ear pain. It looks like your cold is settling down.Yellow mucus comes from Bronchitis if you are coughing it out. This should diminish every day. if it is getting worse, Abt may help.

In brief: Avoid Antibiotics

Dr. Sewa Legha
Dr. Sewa Legha
Dr. Arnon Rubin