Liver function test results: GGT 90 U/l. All other indicators including Bilubrin, ALT, AST, Proteins etc are well in normal range Please advise on GGT?

Dr. Andrew Seibert
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: GGT

The GGT level, when elevated with all of the rest of the liver tests being completely normal, is usually nonspecific and does not necessarily mean that liver disease is present.
All I would do initially is repeat those tests in 2 to 3 months. If it is still elevated, you should consider seeing a gastroenterologist just to be sure that nothing is wrong. Good luck.

In brief: GGT

Dr. Andrew Seibert
Dr. Andrew Seibert
Dr. Jack Hinkle