I get cold sores but not often , I'm more than sure it came from kissing . I haven't had oral sex. Is it hsv1 or hsv 2?

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: HSV1

Almost certainly HSV1.
Oral HSV2 is rare except in people who also have obvious genital herpes, and not common even in them.

In brief: HSV1

Almost certainly HSV1.
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
you do not know when or how you became colonized by this virus which exists in most people by adolescence
Dr. Kashif Abdullah

In brief: Likely HSV1

Cold sores are extremely common.
The most common type is from HSV1. HSV1 can easily be spread by kissing. Sometimes people without cold sores can actively be shedding virus and can easily spread it to other without even knowing it.

In brief: Likely HSV1

Cold sores are extremely common.
Dr. Peter Baumann

In brief: HSV-1

Cold sores or labial herpes is typically caused by HSV-1.
It is probably acquired early in childhood and can be found in a very high percentage of individuals.

In brief: HSV-1