Is dental implant removal after two years painful with bone graft? Should I opt for anesthesia?

Dr. Glenn MacFarlane
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: HAH?

You kind of mixed a few things together here.
Why are you having the implant removed? Are you saying that you will have a bone graft after removal? Unless you enjoy pain I would get an anesthetic.

In brief: HAH?

Dr. Glenn MacFarlane
Dr. Glenn MacFarlane
Dr. Robert Douglas
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Yes Anesthesia

Of course your dentist will administer anesthesia before performing any procedure.
. why are you having the implant removed? Has it failed? You need to tell us more of your circumstances before we can offer any advice.

In brief: Yes Anesthesia

Dr. Robert Douglas
Dr. Robert Douglas
Dr. Justin Nelson
Dentistry - Pediatric

In brief: Depends

Depends on location & size.
I like to think of this type of procedure more like doing a large filling or crown prep so the level of stimulation is about the same so some patients elect to do sedation above using the normal anesthetic. Anesthetic is the norm though.

In brief: Depends

Depends on location & size.
Dr. Justin Nelson
Dr. Justin Nelson
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

It is a surgical procedure.
Discuss anesthesia (probably local) with your surgeon.

It is a surgical procedure.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Adam Smith