How can a yeast infection cause my UA to show small traces of blood in urine.

Here are some... Yeast alone almost unlikely cause UTI; usually it is a secondary cause like a patient with indwelling catheter, stent, or infected stones, etc. in the urinary tract. If there are no suspectable or identifiable underlying causes found, one has to think if urine contamination takes place in its collection. Besides, always interpret the test result with correlating with clinical profile.
Inflammation. The yeast infection may cause a minor irritation and inflammation which may cause the Microscopic hematuria.