Why does hyperthyroidism cause severe tingling pain in the feet?

Dr. Richard Zimon

In brief: This is VERY

UNUSUAL and I suggest you consult your endocrinologist about a referral to a NEUROLOGIST since this may be due to peripheral neuropathy from other causes including Diabetes (which may be "uncovered" by the high levels of thyroid hormone! Hope this helps! Dr Z

In brief: This is VERY

Dr. Richard Zimon
Dr. Richard Zimon
Dr. Philip Kern
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Hyperthyroid symptom

This is not a typical symptom of hyperthyroidism.
However, the "hyper" symptoms could make you generally more sensitive to everything, and odd sorts of symptoms are common. If this is due to the hyperthyroidism, then controlling the thyroid (methimazole, RAI, etc) should make the tingling go away.

In brief: Hyperthyroid symptom

Dr. Philip Kern
Dr. Philip Kern
Dr. Eric Weisman