I've been having vaginal bleeding for 2 1/2 weeks this is not normal for me should I get checked out?

Lots of options. You will need to see your obgyn for an exam and testing. Depending on your age and fertility plans there are lots of treatment options. Birth control pills can regulate your cycle. Mirena (levonorgestrel) iuds can minimize your periods. Lysteda is a great new hormone free drug used to stop heavy periods. If you are done with pregnancies ask if you are a candidate for an endometrial ablation.
Yes. Bleeding from a menstrual period should never last more than a week. Anything longer than this is abnormal and should be evaluated immediately by a gynecologist. You will need to undergo blood tests and probably a pelvic ultrasound procedure to visualize the pelvic organs. Depending on your age you might need an endometrial biopsy from inside the uterus. Your doctor will be able to advise you.
Choice is up to you. Abnormal periods need evaluation; sonogram, lab tests. Non-surgical options include: birth control pills. Lysteda (non-hormonal rx taken during period), Mirena (levonorgestrel) iud. Minimally invasive options: endometrial ablation (in-office), hysteroscopy polyp removal or fibroid resection; and only if these treatments fail then consider hysterectomy - vaginal or laparoscopic if possible.
Yes. Do a home pregnancy test. If that is positive, you need to be seen within 1-2 days. If neg, you should be seen within 1-2 weeks, depending on how heavy the bleeding is.