Hi so I've had a chronic cough for a long time and sense October it's been really frequent And I taste blood when I cough and i have been diagnosed with acid reflux. Why do I taste blood and my chest hurts as well.

Dr. Glenn Messina
Aesthetic Medicine

In brief: May be blood

Its possible the chronic cough is traumatizing the airway and you indeed are tasting blood.
In any event get a workup why the cough allergy, severe reflux, asthma etc alst take the reflux seriously and start taking medication to reduce acid production. I think you should be in close contact with either your PMD or a gastroenterologist

In brief: May be blood

Dr. Glenn Messina
Dr. Glenn Messina
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology