What could be cause of a toothache that resulted an endodontist to perform two root canal treatments (due to deep cavities) and still there is throbbi?

Dr. Jerry Brown
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: Post op Pain

Good day; Post op endodontic pain may be due to the procedure or a need to have the bite adjusted; However, you need to contact endodontist ASAP.

In brief: Post op Pain

Dr. Jerry Brown
Dr. Jerry Brown
Dr. Justin Nelson
Dentistry - Pediatric

In brief: Restore too high etc

If you are still having issues after the endo was done then I would look at the current filling done (are they too high in the bite), secondly I would look at location (if upper it could be sinus related too) and third I would eval for possible fractures.
Please have your dentist eval the area

In brief: Restore too high etc

Please have your dentist eval the area
Dr. Justin Nelson
Dr. Justin Nelson
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Be patient

This may last 7-10 days.
If the throbbing pain does not eventually resolve, this may indicate a root canal complication and visit to your endodontist is warranted.

In brief: Be patient

This may last 7-10 days.
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin

In brief: You need to go back!

Call your dentist and they will either call you back in or give you prescription if they haven't already.
You may have to go back in and have more treatment.

In brief: You need to go back!

Dr. Armine Nazarian
Dr. Armine Nazarian
Dr. Stan Garber
Dentistry

In brief: Infection

Cavities may result in your teeth being infected.
Even after the root canal treatment is finished, you may have some traces of infection and/or post operative pain. Please talk to your dentist.

In brief: Infection

Dr. Stan Garber
Dr. Stan Garber
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine