My daughter is 15 she is on throyid med and birth control and metformin she has a hard time losing weight what can we do to help boost her metabilsm?

Dr. Florence Nwofor

In brief: Physical activity

Your 15-year-old on thyroid medication, OCP and metformin, needs to be physically acitve, under the regular care of her endocrinologist and dietitian for structured weight management using a personalized healthy lifestyle recommendation.
If at all possible rethink the birth control pills. I will be glad to discuss this further with you. Take care !

In brief: Physical activity

Dr. Florence Nwofor
Dr. Florence Nwofor

In brief: Exercise

Portion control, low glycemic, low caloric food and exercising.
Keep the balance. If she wants to lose more, she should eat less and exercise more- any type of activities is better than a couch with TV and an ice cream. There is no magics.

In brief: Exercise

Dr. Ecaterina Sartina
Dr. Ecaterina Sartina

In brief: Run, swim, or bike

To have a leaner body that burns more calories, one can do some daily running, swimming, or bicycling.
.. at least 25-30 minutes a day. Her doctor might recheck her TSH level to see if it is adequately low. Also, clear the house of sugar. See that foods have less than 10 grams of sugar per serving. Avoid drinks that have sugar.

In brief: Run, swim, or bike

Dr. Jane Van Dis