I keep waking up with pain on my left side, burning in my shoulder blade, aches down my side and arm, an my hand is tingling ?

Dr. Craig Morton
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Pinched nerve

Neck pain that runs down the arm or shoulder with or without numbness and tingling sounds like a pinched nerve in the neck.
This is usually caused by a protruding disc or bone spur touching one of your spinal nerves as it leaves your neck. This can often improve on it's own with rest and anti-inflammatories, but if your pain lasts greater than one week or gets worse see your physician.

In brief: Pinched nerve

Dr. Craig Morton
Dr. Craig Morton
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine